Friday 1 July 2011

A Frustrating Few Days - I'm Sure Lilli Feels The Same Way!

Lilli sitting at her favourite spot on the breakfast bar.



Well we are having a pretty frustrating time of it at the moment.  I am really tired and Lilli is just on the go constantly so we are butting heads a bit and having a few 'fights'.  I'm sure she is totally frustrated by the fact that I can't get down and play with her the way I always have and I am also frustrated for the same reasons.  Problem is I am knackered as well so my patience, never my strongest point, is at an all time low.  I have been much less tolerant of her than I normally would be and it's very hard for us both.

On Wednesday 29th we went to the library with our Wednesday morning playcentre group.  Lilli was great but she was just running around all over the place and not staying with the other little tots.  Yes, I know she's only 2 but after an hour I was starting to get pretty frustrated.  Then when we were sitting in the foyer having morning tea she took off at a run to go outside to the playground and thankfully a lady coming in the door stopped her and held her until I got there!  I just can't catch her at the moment which is frightening.  The carpark is just outside those doors as well and she's so small that a car wouldn't see her coming.  After that I gave her a blasting and then she ran outside once more but when I told her we would be going home without playing at the park she finally settled down a bit.  For about 10 minutes!!!  Then it was all on again.  While the kids were being read a story she was running around banging on the walls!  Haha.  Then we did some crafts and she finally sat and helped me make her some bunny ears.  After that I took her to the toilet and then sat down to go myself and the little bugger opened the door despite all my growlings and threats.  So I'm sitting there on the toilet, midstream, and the door's wide open so that anyone coming in would see me on the toilet.  I yelled at her to shut the door and I guess I sounded so mad that she actually did close it!  Thank goodness.  I apologised to the lady in the stall next to us and she just said that she totally understood having had children of her own.  Hahaha.  Of course it's funny now but it wasn't at the time.  After that I was so exhausted that I skipped the park and took her straight home!

Here are the bunny ears we made Wednesday morning:



That afternoon I rang Mum and burst into tears on the phone.  She came around and took Lilli to her place for a couple of hours so that I could have a bit of a rest.  Thank goodness for Mum.  I tell ya, her help and support has been invaluable and when I've had some really rough days I just couldn't have coped without her.  Thanks Mum.

Yesterday Lilli and I were having an iceblock each and she came up and took my iceblock from me then licked it all over and gave it back.  Hahahaha.  She was doing just what we do to her when it's melting!  So cute.  I thanked her politely and managed not to crack up laughing.  She's such a sweet heart.  :D

So the baby shower is all go for this weekend (actually it's tomorrow) and Nana, Lilli and I went to the supermarket to get all the necessary supplies today.  Lilli was really acting out and running around like a maniac in the supermarket and I couldn't get anything into my trolley because I was constantly running around trying to catch her, then when I had a break Mum was running around trying to catch her as well so I decided to go and get her harness from the car.  Well, I put it on and the cheeky little monkey decided that she would be a puppy and got down on all fours and started barking and pretending to be a puppy.  Yes that is another story that is funny now when I look back but not all that funny at the time.  Although Nana and I were having sneaky giggles when Lilli wasn't looking.    :D

This afternoon Lilli went home with Nana for a couple of hours and while they were there Mum told me later that Lilli grabbed Nana Dot's walking stick and started reciting Little Bo Beep!

She also sings a couple of new songs:

Mary Had A Little Lamb
Hickory Dickory Dock
The Wonky Donky (just part of it)

So I'm really excited about tomorrow as we have quite a few people coming now.  It's going to be a great surprise for Pavla!  My aunty and uncle Ann and Neil are coming.  My cousin Trace is coming with her wee daughter Bella who is 5 weeks younger than Lilli.  Shirley and Ken are over from Australia at the moment so they will be here and Nicky is coming out to pick up Zoe, her baby who has been staying with her Nan and Pop (Shirley and Ken) for a few days.  Plus of course the usual suspects, Helen and Brian, Keren (Nige can't make it), Nana and Pops, and Max, Lilli and I.  Can't wait.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment