Monday 4 July 2011

A Harrowing Day of 10 Pin Bowling!!

Lilli and I went 10 pin bowling today with the Monday morning session of Playcentre.  It started out a bit off when we were all waiting outside the doors in the freezing cold wind at 9am only to find out that they didn't open until 10am!  Haha.  So we decided to head off to MacDonald's in Pukekohe for a hot chocolate while the kids played on the playground.  When we got back to the 10 Pin Bowling we had a good time.  The kids were playing with the ramps to launch their balls and for the most part they stayed where they should and played the game.  Lilli on the other hand was just all over the show.  Hahaha.  I had to threaten to take her home just to get her to concentrate on the game long enough to see what it was about and get started.  Once she had a couple of goes she enjoyed it but got bored towards the end and started running around again.

She kept running down the lane and no matter who growled her and told her to come back she was just doing what she wanted, then she set the alarm off!  Haha that gave her a fright and made her come back pretty quick.  She didn't run down the lanes again after that.  But she did start running around the video games and stuff instead.

After the game the kids all sat down to eat lunch and then they went to 'play' video games.  They weren't turned on but they had heaps of fun pretending to drive cars. ride motobikes, and in some of the boys cases, shoot guns. 

Lilli and Sarsha racing.



Bailey and Lilli racing motobikes.


All the kids with their bowling balls after the game.



As we were packing up to go home I was putting Lilli's lunch stuff in her bag and I saw her out of the corner of my eye heading to a machine that has a robotic arm to grab a prize.  Normally these things are grabbing soft toys and small stuff but no such luck for me today, this machine was with a huge robotic arm to grab basketballs.  Yes, basketballs!  So as you can imagine the slot for the balls to come out was quite big - as in big enough for a 2 year old to climb into!  And as I saw her lifting the flap to crawl in I called out 'don't you dare get in there' but was too late.  Lilli managed to get herself in and stood up and the flap went down and I was like 'how the hell am I going to get her out?!'.  I ran over and started telling her VERY firmly to crouch down and move into the little back cubby hole and was frantically trying to get the flap up so that I could get her out before she realised that she was actually stuck in the machine but she couldn't really fit in the tiny area and get the flap up.  I asked the lady who worked there how to get her out and she didn't know!

So with pictues in my head of having to call the fire department to come and cut her out I just kept telling her to get down and go back as far as she could and tried and tried to push the flap up to no avail.  In the end she crouched down enough that I could get my hand in and push her back whilst pushing the flap up.  It was a tight squeeze and I had to be careful not to scrape her head too hard with the flap but I got her out!  I tell you that was so stressful.  Just before that last attempt to get her out she had started to get a panicky look on her face and I think she was starting to realise that she was stuck in there.  I'm surprised I didn't go into labour!  :)

Definitely one for her 21st aye!!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment