Sunday 26 June 2011

It's Hard On My Back!

On the morning of Friday, 17 June Lilli and I were in bed.  She was still sleeping and I was awake due to my usual 6am loo stop but had gone back to bed and was dozing while I waited for her to wake up.  She giggled in her sleep and then woke up and said 'it's hard on my back Mummy'.  I was like 'what is baby?' to which she replied 'the baby in my tummy'!  Hahaha how's that.  Poor wee girl gets told that it's hard on my back when she wants me to pick her up and carry her around all the time - she's 14.5kgs now - but obviously she has just put it together that it's hard on my back because of the baby in my tummy.  Clever little monkey.

Later in the day I took Lilli out to Mum's while I went to do my bloods and glucose tolerance test as I was 27 weeks yesterday.  I dropped off a stool sample of Lilli's too so that we can make sure that she doesn't have anything more sinister than the staph infection.


Then on Saturday night Lilli was going to stay at Nana and Pops' house because she always wants to go there and never wants to come home.  She made it to bed time - just when Max and I were starting to think that she must've gone to sleep - and then she started getting upset and said to Nana and Pops 'I need my Mummy back'.  So Nana had to ring me and I jumped in the car to go and get her at 10pm.  On the way out there I got stopped at a checkpoint and breathalysed!  The police officer said to me 'you're ok it's a negtive result' and I said to him 'it should be, I'm pregnant!'.  But actually lately there have been a few pregnant women found to be over the limit and driving - scary aye!!

Daryl and Pavla are supposed to be coming out this weekend for dinner and I thought it would be cool to turn it into a surprise baby shower for her - I figure she probably doesn't know enough people in NZ yet to have someone organise one for her.  I got hold of Keren and Helen and they are going to sort out a couple of other people as well.  Unfortunately Helen and Brian can't come this weekend so I had to ring Daryl and explain what the plan was and ask if they can come out the following weekend instead.  After talking with Pavla they decided that although it's cutting it a bit close to her due date they would be here.  It's so cool, Pavla had no idea that we are up to anything.  :)

Tuesday, 21st I had another midwife appointment which went well.  My test results are all good but my iron circulating in the blood has dropped to about 24 and my iron stores have gone from 48 to 9!  Darn it I have to go on to an iron supplement for the remainder of this pregnancy.  Bummer.  I am also heading off for another scan because the baby seems to still be quite big and we are getting another check to see just how big it is.
Here's Lilli lifting her mate Milo.


Doesn't he look ecstatic?!  Hahaha.

Another gorgeous cardigan knitted by Nana.  :)


She's into having clips and ponytails in her hair now but wont keep them in for more than 5 minutes!


On Saturday 25th, Lilli was playing with Milo and he came down into our bedroom.  Lilli said to me 'Mummy Milo's in your room!  I get him out.' and off she went to pick him up and carry him back out to the dining room.  As she got to the dining room she put him down and said to him 'I can't carry you anymore.  I have a baby in my tummy.'  Ouch that just goes to show how a 2 year old interprets what you say to her - I said 'baby I can't carry you all the time because it's hard while I have the baby in my tummy and you sitting on my tummy too.'  Man I need to change how I explain stuff to her.  Poor wee darling.

Lilli kicked Mimi (Nana's cat) out of her bed so that she could get in it!  Poor Mimi.

So Mum was telling me about how when Lilli has a bath at her place she calls her 2 roll on soaps Oma and Opa.  Haha.  Oma is the pink dolphin and Opa is the green frog.  At least she didn't do it the other way around!!  :D 

I have told Doris and Al about this and thought I would take a photo of 'Oma and Opa' to put on the blog.  It was taken with Mum's camera so it wont upload in landscape.  Still haven't figured out why that is!!  But anyway, here they are, Oma and Opa


Tonight as I was catching up with the blog I was writing the stuff about Nana's last few days and then her passing and I was inspired to write this:


Nana Dot...

Though you are gone
You will always be near
We love you endlessly
And will forever hold you dear

It breaks our hearts
To say goodbye, see you go
But we know deep inside
That for you it isn't so

The weight has been lifted
Your soul is now free
Reunited with Jack
Other friends and family

So tell them all hi
And give them our love
Give Jack big hugs and kisses
See you one day... up above

No comments:

Post a Comment