Sunday 8 August 2010

Lenny The Lamb

Lilli has a new pet lamb. Well she will have if he survives!! Hahaha. Dad said that he had a twin missing so when we were doing the sheep this morning he sent me on a walkabout to see if I could find it. We figured it was dead as the sheep had left the area and we couldn't hear it calling out. I found it and thought I saw it breath but figured it was my imagination. It did look dead. When I shouted out to Dad that I'd found it the little head moved ever so slightly so went to it. I had to climb a deer fence then go down a bit of a bank and over another fence into the neighbours property! It was freezing cold (this happened after the 24 hours solid of rain we had!) and barely breathing but when I put my finger in his mouth he sucked ever so gently so I picked him up and scrambled back over to our place. We took him home and dosed him up with colostrum, an energy booster, and antibiotics just in case and I got a little milk into him and then we put him in front of the fire and waited to see if he would make it through the next few hours. He did and now if he keeps getting better we will be taking him home with us tomorrow. What a car trip that will be... me and my two babies! Hahaha.

Here she is with her sheperding sticks. :)

Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment