Saturday 4 July 2009

We have been in Germany for 1 month & 1 day now...

So 1 month is already over. I can't believe how fast the time is going! The weather has been just terrible really, with rain and thunderstorms most days then a fine patch in the afternoon, or at least it stops raining in the afternoon for a while. We still get to go for a walk most days as long as I time it right. haha.

So Lilli and Mummy have still been walking up to Oma & Opa's house for lunch some days - we are so spoilt! Lilli is now officially an Anger girl as Tante Christa and I went up to Anger to sign some documents stating that she is living here at the moment. This also means that any other time she spends in Germany she will be classed as an Anger girl and we are in the process of putting her into the health system and getting monetary support for her as well. Here in Germany you get paid for each child you have - sort of like in Aussie.

We went to a birthday party on Tuesday night - Franz - who is a cousin of Doris. Lilli was the star as usual and she was so well behaved. I don't mean to rave on (yeah, I do) but she is just such a good little baby, so well behaved but also such a sociable little button! Couldn't ask for better - we are soooo lucky. :D

Anyway the party was good and when it was Lilli's bedtime I took her home and got her settled (she took til after 10pm the rascal) then as the party was only next door (Franz lives next door to us) I went back to the party and took her monitor. Max ran over to check that all was well after an hour or so and then we went home at about midnight. I have to say that even though I had the monitor I still felt anxious because I wasn't in the next room! Hahaha.

Last night all the family came to Christa's place for drinks & food which was great. The food was breads & cheeses, salmon and cold meats, salads, etc - very nice. I brought Lilli home and she didn't go to bed until about 10.15 so I just went back for a quick chat. When I got back Doris said they were moving Max out of Germany - haha. They were talking about him coming to NZ and telling him that it was not so hard, that he can do it, etc. I had a quick sip of wine while we looked at some old photos and then went to bed. It was a really nice night.

Today we are going to a street party up at Doris & Al's neighbours house. It shouold be fun with all the people from the whole of Irlberg (the street) coming. It's an annual catch up that they do. Last year I missed it because I went home the day before but this year everyone is looking forward to meeting Lilli and I so it should be fun.

Lilli's achievements:

I hold her arms and say ready and she lifts her head and pulls herself up with my help until she is sitting!

She is starting to know to be a star when we pull the camera out.

She has conversations more and more and sings with Mummy sometimes.

She loves to dance around with Mummy or be jiggled.

She giggles heaps and even bursts out laughing sometimes.

She loves playing games.

She's a bit of a tv addict (will have to watch that). :)

She really rubs her gums now instead of just chewing her teething rings.

Oooh there's my lion!

Another cute outfit that Oma Doris bought in USA

Lilli and Daddy in their 'boxers'

Ohhh, cute photo aye

This is nice..

Lilli with Onkel Al before our drinks and food on Friday.

Lilli sitting up in bed this morning. :)

Lill's stats as at 01/07/2009

Weight: 8.1kg

Length: 66cms Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment