Tuesday 30 June 2009

Baby shopping again!!! :-D

Well the lovely singing lion that hangs on Lilli's playgym has just about done his dash. The batteries (if he has any) are on their last legs and he sounds a bit sad now! It's terrible because it's Lilli's favourite toy!! I took him up to Oma Doris to see if she can cut open his head (I know it sounds awful! haha) and do some brain surgery (ie. see if he runs on batteries) and then stitch him back together. I have left him in her capable hands but in the meantime I think I will have to try and find something else to take his place. So... On Friday, 26 June, we (Mummy, Opa Al, & Tante Christa) went to Freilassing to the baby shop called Babywalz. It was an awesome shop - I have never seen so many different types of stroller! Honestly, if I had to choose a stroller from there I would have had to camp out in the store for 2 weeks before I could make a decision. As it was I took about 2 hours to decide between the 5 or so that had the features I wanted in Babycity. There would have been about 50 at Babywalz I reckon. Hahaha. They were cheaper than in NZ too even after converting from Euros to NZ Dollars! Max told me that the Maclaren isn't cheaper here though - it's around 300 euros - so that's good to know. :) So we went to Babywalz to see if they have head/neck supports for Lilli's carseat because I forgot our one in NZ! Plus Doris had asked us to see if they have bouncinettes because she wanted to get one for Lilli. Well Opa Al went off to check out the bouncinettes while Christa and I tried to find a new musical toy to hang on Lilli's playgym. We found a cute Octopus that plays a lullaby and has crinkly stuff in his tentacles and some rattle while others have a squeaker in them. I also got a bar that goes over either a carseat, stroller, or bouncinette, which is cool. Meanwhile Opa Al had his eye on a bouncinette/rocker which he got and Lilli loves - it's so cool. Tante Christa bought a gorgeous squeaking lamb toy as well. Lucky Lilli! When we came out poor Lilli was so hot that we stripped her off and I breastfed her in the back of Al's car. It was almost 30 degrees today in Freilassing. We have been having thunderstorms and rain almost every day so it was actually nice to see the sun - shame it was too hot in Freilassing though. It was much cooler back at home in Anger. Lilli telling Daddy all about what we got.

On Saturday, 27 June, we went up for a family lunch at Doris & Als and Lilli was very well behaved as usual! She's so good. Then after lunch we went to Austria to see Lilli's Austrian great grandparents for the first time. They were totally awed by our beautiful girl and she was a little honey until she got a bit overtired. She also got to meet Max's Stepmum Birgit who was lovely and we met one of his half brothers Phillip who is another auncle for Lilli - obviously. Very nice people. Max's Dad couldn't make it because he had to work.

Lilli with Oma Hanne

with Onkel Phillip with stepOma Birgit with Opa Luggi Tired little baby... After Austria we came home and got ready for our BBQ with Toby and Evie. It was great - the food was spectacular and Lilli was her usual happy gorgeous self. I ate a Strawberry flan and hoped like hell that it wouldn't affect Lilli now.

Here she is in her new bouncinette/rocker!!

Having fun with Toby & Evie. On Sunday we walked down to Aufham bridge and back and talked about what we are going to do. Max is coming to NZ for a couple of years to be with us which is fantastic! :D Then on Sunday afternoon Lilli was not too good - I'm sure she had a sore tummy so NO MORE STRAWBERRIES FOR ME! :) Poor little darling. She finally settled down a bit after I gave her some Pamol but honestly I couldn't wait for her to go to bed so she would feel better.

Check out this gorgeous outfil that Oma Doris got.

In her bouncinette/rocker Taking water from a teaspoon on one of the few recent hot days. She's so clever she was almost doing it by herself!! Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment