Wednesday 10 June 2009

What a trip!!!

You know, I've travelled back and forwards across the world several times but the trip has never seemed so long as this last one with Lilli. Don't get me wrong, she was so well behaved. Hardly cried and was really lovely, but the poor little thing didn't sleep and got quite bored so I was taking her back and forth to the toilet not only to change her nappy but also to give her something else to look at for a few minutes! :) On the Singapore-Munich leg she managed to sleep for about 5 hours when she wasn't being startled awake by the air crew preparing the meals or by a naughty little Russian girl who screamed when she got a growling from her mum for being naughty - which was about every 1/2 hour. I guess she was bored too. Anyway here is a photo of Lilli in her bassinet on Lufthansa. Their bassinets were great, much bigger than the Singapore Airlines ones.
The photo is not as good as I would like but it was dark on the plane and my flash disturbed some people so I though I'd better not push my luck and do another photo. Haha.

I was totally exhausted when we got to Germany as I had to walk Lilli around the whole time we were in transit as she was overtired and just generally sick of it all I think. So was I! Honestly, I was over it before we even got to Singapore and we weren't even half way yet.

But we got to Germany finally and Daddy was waiting for us with a beaming smile when we walked out which was great.

Lilli didn't sleep very well the first few nights and I actually took her to the doctor on Friday as I wanted to make sure that everything was okay with her. She hadn't had more than 8 hours sleep in a 24 hour period for 3 days and I wanted to make sure that her ears and everything were fine after the flights. She has been very snuffly and her breathing is not great at night as well so I wanted to get that checked and make sure that she wasn't getting bronchiolitis again. We are putting saline drops in her nose before every feed and Otravine 1 drop per nostril at night until her mucus settles down a bit but other than that the doctor said she was fine. Also the doctor is a lovely pediatrician and so we will be using her while we are here. She will be giving Lilli her 5 month immunisations as well.

We have set up Lilli a little alcove off the lounge in Max's flat - see photos below - however, she is still in with us at the moment. I want her to get used to being here and get her sleeping a bit better before leaving her in the alcove because at the moment she is sleeping so lightly that every noise on the tv disturbs her. Shouldn't be long before she's right again though. She's already sleeping 7 hours again now. We did have her in a portacot that Max bought but after these first terrible nights Doris and I decided that maybe she needed to get back into a smaller bed until she comes right a bit and feels more secure. So then Barbera told me that I could use the cradle that she still has and now we have set that up and Lilli is already sleeping much better. She loves it.

Mummy putting Lilli to sleep. Dribble dribble. ;) Daddy & Lilli.

Lilli in her portacot.Her little alcove.On her new playgym. Doris bought a gorgeous stroller which has a bassinet for us and we are out walking everyday - weather permitting of course - and so far we have only missed 2 days which is great. It's a fantastic stroller! We are very spoilt!!! :)

Speaking of Oma Doris, here is a picture of her with Lilli.

And Mummy with Lilli.

So we have spent this first week just getting over the trip and getting settled in. Now we will have to start visiting everyone and getting out there.

Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment