Tuesday 28 July 2009

A day with Oma, Another BBQ, & a visit

On Saturday Lilli and I went up and spent the day with Oma Doris. We cooked a yummy lunch and baked a cake. max came up after he finished work and then we took Lilli home. She was great and had a fun day. On Sunday we went back up to Oma & Opa's for a BBQ which was awesome as usual. Al does the best spare ribs on the BBQ! Yum yum and our little angel slept while we ate which was great.

After lunch Max and I went to visit his old supervisor and his family.

We stayed there until about 7.30pm. Lilli was great as usual, such a little trooper. We came home and showered and popped her into bed at 9pm. Unfortunately she woke up at 11.30pm for some reason - I figure either she was still hungry as she did have a big drink, or maybe her sore gums woke her. I put her back down after her feed and she went back to sleep but then woke again an hour later. Max went in to her and brought her in to me, I settled her again and put her back to bed but she woke again. I was starting to think that it would go on all night so I decided to let her cry for a bit and see if she would self settle. She did (phew!) and didn't wake again until 8am!

Today Lilli and I walked up to Oma & Opa's again because we were making cakes for tomorrow when we have all the ladies from the street coming to Doris' to bring a gift for Lilli. We made 3 gorgeous cakes that I hope to be able to remember how to make for when we come back home. I can't wait to eat them tomorrow!! Then I helped Doris get some melons ready for the punch that she is making. Should be fun.

Lilli's achievements:

She is starting to grab her toes

She reaches out to grab anything within her reach (including glasses, bottles, plates!)

She hugs all the time now

She ga's.

She imitates facial expressions perfectly.

Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment