Saturday 16 April 2011

Lilli Said Bye To Nana Dot!

Check out the first thing Lilli started doing once her bedroom got set up.  Now she's trying to avoid finishing getting dressed.  Little monkey!  :)




So we have left our unpacking and bundled into the car to head down to Te Awamutu to say goodbye to Nana Dot.  Her funeral is tomorrow and we are spending the night at Honey and Brian's place.  Brett and Michelle and the kids came over this afternoon and Keren and Nige are here, so are Darryl and Pavla, and Aunty Jean.  Nana and Pops had to go back up to Auckland for a wedding but they will be back around midnight tonight.  Tony, Annie and the boys are coming in the morning and Neil and Debbie will be with them as they have come up from Dannevirke too.  We have had untold other people coming and going throughout the afternoon to say goodbye to Nana Dot.  She is in Honey and Brian's bedroom.

This afternoon Lilli headed down the hallway towards the bedroom.  She hadn't seen Nana Dot yet but I had been telling her we were coming down to say bye to Nana Dot as she had gone up to be with Jack in heaven.  When she headed down to Honey's bedroom I hurried into see Honey and asked her what I should do.  She said that I should take Lilli to see Nana Dot and asked if I would like her to come with me.  Naturally I said yes, and so Honey, Keren and I took Lilli in to see Nana Dot.

It was so freaky!  As we all know, Lilli has always had a special connection with Nana Dot.  Well, I had Lilli in my arms and we went in.  There was Nana Dot's casket with a lovely sheer cloth over it and Honey pulled the cloth back and said to Lilli 'Here's Nana Dot Lilli, she's sleeping.'  Lilli shook her head and said 'No, not Nana Dot.  Not there.  Close it Honey.' indicating to Helen to recover Nana with the cloth.  I wasn't saying anything because I just couldn't speak and when Lilli wanted to be put down I put her down.  She walked out into the hallway and stopped.  Then she sort of looked around a bit, had a little giggle, and came back into the room and asked me to pick her up.  I did and she said 'Open again Honey.' so Helen pulled the cloth back again to reveal Nana Dot and Lilli said in a chirpy happy voice 'Bye!  Bye Nana Dot.'  Then she asked me to put her down again and off she went!

I tell you it was an amazing experience!  Helen, Keren and I were all totally blown away.  I will never forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment