Friday 11 June 2010

Finally looks like Lilli is coming right.

NOTE: I have been trying for 3 days to upload videos to this blog but everytime I encounter an error. So I'm sorry but there will be no videos attached this time. :-(

This illness has been horrible. After 2 days I rang and spoke to a nurse to ask if I needed to get Lilli to a doctor or just see how she went. She told me that she would have a mild dose of the measles because of the immunisation and agreed with me that she had probably picked up a tummy bug at the doctors. She told me to see how Lilli went over the next day or so and if her temperature spiked then to bring her in.

The first 3 days Lilli basically didn't eat. She was on the boob the whole time or laying on her couch. She didn't have much energy. Then on Sunday I took her to the doctor because her temperature had spiked a couple of times and she was showing no signs of getting better. He told me that basically there's nothing you can do except watch carefully for dehydration and give her electrolytes etc to replace the minerals she was losing with all the diarrhea. Meantime I have to say thank goodness for the boob! It's a lifesaver in times like these not only for keeping her hydrated but also for comfort. I am so glad that I hadn't stopped breastfeeding before now!

We carried on like this for another couple of days and Lilli seemed to be improving a little. She was eating food, about 2 good meals a day (although it was all coming out in the afternoon and evening). Then on Tuesday night she was writhing and screaming in agony so much that I had to put her into a hot bath to sooth her tummy and relax her. She spent the whole time on the boob and as soon as she relaxed a bit she let go with a huge poo in the bath. Nice! So we sat there and I emptied the bath and swished it round a bit and then refilled it with clean water. On Wednesday morning Max and I were concerned about how listless Lilli was when we got her up. She was limp and could barely even lift her head. I got really upset after he'd gone to work and rang the doctors to get her seen again. We got into our own lovely doctor and he made me feel much better by explaining about gastroenteritis and organised for a stool sample to check for the rota virus amongst other things. He said that after 7 days of diarrhea Lilli was just exhausted and hadn't the energy to do anything. So, away we went again hoping that it would pass soon. Gastroenteritis normally lasts between 10 to 14 days so hopefully it would be nearly over.

Finally today Lilli is almost back to her normal self! Whew! She still has yucky poos but they are getting better and not quite as smelly. She seems to be much better during the day but goes downhill quite a bit at night. Hopefully now she will start sleeping better but I guess it may take a few more days (or weeks?) for that. Anyway it is so great to have my happy wee girl back. It was starting to feel like she'd be quiet indefinitely.

Here are the few moments of fun we have had over the last week...

Playing with Pops on the floor. This is what Lilli does every time she sees Pops. I think she has decided it's their special greeting! Hahaha.

Having a relax with Pops after dinner.

She's pinched Mummy's icecream!

Reading a book at her table.

Playing the recorder.

Wearing Mummy's sunglasses the way Mummy wears them. :)

Coool...

Mummy, Lilli, & her bubba making silly faces at each other and blowing raspberries.

Playing on her playmat with her little 'Wo wo'.

Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment