Saturday 8 August 2009

Quick visit to the Doctor & More Dinners & BBQ

It's been a hectic week as usual with me trying to spend time with everyone before we have to go back home to NZ.

Basically we have been doing the usual, walking everyday and visiting. :) On Tuesday afternoon we walked up to Doris' as Monica and her Aunty came to Doris' with Monica's little baby, Tobi, to bring a present for Lilli. Monica is from up Irlberg as well but wasn't able to come when all the Irlberg ladies came before. Gosh Lilli was not having a great day though and she basically cried for an hour in the stroller (I walked around and around the village to try to get her to sleep) on the way up refusing to go to sleep at all. She was soooo tired and I was getting really annoyed. As soon as I took her out of the stroller she would stop crying and be happy as. Little bugger. I couldn't keep her out of the stroller though as it was really hot and sunny and she is sheltered from the sun in the stroller but not if I carry her in the frontpack so she had to stay in there. Honestly though, I felt like parking her in the village and walking away! Hahaha. I thought when I got to Doris' I could leave her there and go for a walk but as I got up to the house she went to sleep and had a rest in the stroller finally. She woke in time for when Monica, her aunt, and tobi arrived and it was lovely - we had lots of fun playing with both babies. It's amazing how similar they look! Honestly they look like they are related. We were laughing about it. Monica is pregnant with her second baby - she is 6 months pregnant and Tobi is 8 months old! Hahaha. tobi will be almost 1 year old when baby number 2 arrives. She looks fantastic. So Lilli got a shorts & top set, a summer all in one, a little teeshirt & overtop for when she's about 18 months old, and a duvet cover set! Very spoilt again!!

Here are a couple of photos of the little ones.

Don't they look similar. :)

On Wednesday I walked up to Doris' and Max met us up their after work. We ate dinner and chatted before heading back home to shower Lilli and get her ready for bed.

On Thursday we had a BBQ here at our house and even Max's Nana was here which was great. Barbera and Leo came down and all the boys came too. It was great. Lilli was so well behaved. She loves to party. Hehe. So after dinner I said to Max maybe we should get Lilli christened while we're here and then do a naming ceremony in NZ. She will have Onkel Bert as Godfather here in Germany and then a set of Godparents in NZ. Max's Nana is over the moon as she has been saying to me from when I first arrived that we should be getting Lilli blessed - it's really important to her. Barbera is really excited as well so I am glad we have decided to do it. It's looking like we will have the Christening next Saturday but we are waiting to make sure that Albert can be here as he is the Godfather!

Yesterday Lilli and I hung out with Max's Nana for a while then went walking. As we were heading home Doris called to ask if I would like to go up for an early dinner so I shot home and grabbed Lilli's nappy bag and we walked up there again. I have to say that by the time we got there I was completely soaked in sweat and exhausted because I'd already been walking for about 40 minutes before she called and boy it was a hot day yesterday. Dinner was to die for! Al had made a yummy nectarine and melon sauce to go with the slow cooked pork we had, and we had carrots, garlic bread, onion, & garlic with it. Yum! As usual I ate way too much. Hahaha. We walked home at about 7.30pm. Max had to work at another job after work yesterday so he didn't get home until 8.30pm. Was a quiet night at our place last night! :)

Here's a photo of some of the outfits we bought from Stummer the other day. The photo really doesn't do them justice though.

Here's a photo of her bed with the mosquito net on it.

And this one's of Lilli in the cute outfit Cuzzy Keren bought her before we left NZ.

I nearly forgot to mention that we wizzed off to the doctor briefly on Thursday afternoon. Lilli had been waking at night and was grizzly and unsettled during the day for about 3 days. Her fontanelle was slightly raised so I thought it best to get her checked out. The doctor said she is fine and he said that the fontanelle is ok and that it is up because of all the crying she did. He said it should settle back down soon. So maybe it was the full moon that had her a bit funny for a couple of days??? Anyway she is back to her normal self now and has been sleeping through again. I guess it could have been her gums as well but the fact that her fontanelle was raised made me want to be sure.

Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment