Friday 28 August 2009

A nice walk and Swine flu????????

Lilli reading in bed. :)

Lilli and I having been spending as much time with Oma Doris as possible before we go so we have been meeting up at Tante Christa's every morning for a late breakfast. Christa has been on holiday from Monday to Thursday so we've all been hanging out. It's been great. The only unfortunate thing is that my cold did eventuate and I spent a couple of days feeling a bit crap. I was lucky enough to have Christa take Lilli for me on Monday afternoon for a couple of hours and then on Tuesday she had her all afternoon and just bought her back to me for feeds. This allowed me to get some extra sleep and rest up to try and get better before the flight on Monday.

Another gorgeous outfit bought by Oma & Opa

Christa is a nurse and I was talking to her on Wednesday morning about my concerns that I might get stopped in Hong Kong and quarantined because I have flu symptoms so she suggested that I get tested for swine flu. That way I can take the test results with me proving that I don't have it and therefore avoiding being quarantined somewhere. I just don't want anything like that happening when I'm travelling with Lilli so I agreed and we made an appointment with the doctor. He speaks english and he asked me if I had fever, and what my symptoms were. I said no fever and I don't think I have swine flu, I explained my situation and he agreed that it would be a good idea to have the test results just in case I still have a cold so he took the swabs and we got them to the lab.

After that Doris, Christ, Lilli, and I went to Frillensee and did the walk from the restaurant up to the lake and then back down again. We had Lilli in the stroller but she spent most of the time being carried because she wanted to be able to see everything and everyone as usual. Hahaha. I should've taken the front pack but forgot which was a bugger but we did okay taking it in turns to carry her. She finally went to sleep just as we were arriving back at the restaurant. Of course she woke up as soon as we put her in the stroller! :) We had a yummy lunch of schnitzel and then made our way back home. It was a great day and I cooked dinner for all of us that night.

Frillensee

Lilli & Mummy

Tante Christa, Oma Doris, & Lilli

Walking back down to the Gasthaus/restaurant.

The girls in front of a log stack (between trees).

Lilli out to it in her carseat.

And then she woke up.

Yesterday we had planned to have breakfast with Doris again and then go walking in Berchtesgarden but things didn't quite go according to plan. Doris came for breakfast and asked if we could go to visit Suzy and her Mum after breakfast and Christa and I said that would be fine, we would go to Berchtesgarden after that so we walked to Suzy's after breakfast. Lilli was being a darling and meeting everyone when Suzy came and said that Dr Schnetzer was on the phone and wanted to speak to Christa regarding my test results!! Uh oh! He's on his day off and he's ringing around to find us for my test results? Not a good sign!

Lilli in a little deck chair just the right size for her at Suzy's.

Playing kicks. :)

I'm not sure about this grass Oma, don't let me go!

So my test result came back POSITIVE! Hahaha. Talk about freak me out! Dr Schnetzer was freaked out too because I didn't actually have the symptoms so it's a bit strange. Anyway he said that it could be a false positive and has told them to retest that sample but in the meantime I had to ring Max at work and tell him to come home so that he, Lilli, and I could all go to the lab so that they could retest me and do a test on them.

We should get the results tomorrow and Christa will be back at work so she can give them to us. I will go back to Dr Schnetzer so that he can give me something in writing to take with me on the plane. We are sure that it was a false negative. Meantime tonight we had dinner down at Max's Nanas. After dinner Christa got a phone call to tell us that the second test on my first sample had come back positive but in such a small amount that it could really be classed as negative. That's a good thing. Now we just wait and see. Would be freaky to have swine flu because there is none in this region yet so where on earth would it have come from. Hahaha. :)

Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment