Wednesday 18 November 2009

Picking Avos & Racing at Hampton Downs Fun Day!!!

Lilli's teeth!!!

This is the outfit that was bought for Lilli in Germany by Doris' cousins.

Reading her book.

With Sam who has been staying with us for a couple of weeks while he is at tech in Auckland.

On Monday we went to Pukekohe which is about 18kms from here. We wanted to have a look for some track pants for Mummy and some clothes for Nana. We ended up getting Lilli a cheetah that rolls along on the floor - very cute - thank you Nana! :) We had lunch in a cafe and Lilli entertained all the other customers while we ate. Hahaha. Such a cutie. Then when we got home Lilli was in her walker and she got into Nana's pot plant and had her first taste of dirt!!! She was like bleh, and spat it out but had another try just for good measure. Needless to say it tasted no better the second time around.

Tuesday we had the pickers in to pick the avocados so Mummy, Nana, Pops, and Lilli were all out in the orchard for most of the day sorting the avocados and picking up any dropped ones. Lilli was awesome - she watched us from her stroller and was so well behaved, then when she was tired she had a sleep in the stroller parked out in the orchard while we carried on working nearby. Such a good girl. On Tuesday night I packed up our gear ready to go racing as we had to leave really early in the morning.

Nana and Lilli coming to welcome in Mummy.

Welcoming Mummy back in from sorting the last few avos.

Don't know why she's holding her hat on - normally she's pulling it off!

I'll drive Mummy!

Wednesday we got up early and left for Hampton Downs. It was a great day. Dad came up in the truck and Tony, Matt, and Darrin bought my car up. Dad had organised an apartment for Mum and Lilli to use so that they could relax. It poured with rain in the morning and my first drive was pretty awful - I couldn't see anything cause the rain was so heavy and then the car fogged up. Every time I braked the car acqua planed and it was hanging out on the corners. Not the best experience after 18 months without any racing! Haha. At lunchtime I went over and got Mum and Lilli and we all went down to the marquee for lunch. Lilli sat in the middle of the table eating bread and bits of cheese. She was the darling of everyone on the day and her Uncle Toot, Cousin Matt, and Poppa were all doting on her - plus of course Nana and Mummy were too. :) After lunch I had another drive and it had fined up a bit and the track was dry so I could put my foot down a bit. I didn't go anywhere near as fast as I used to but was getting around alright after a few laps. When I got back in Lilli knew it was me in the car despite the fact that I was wearing my helmet and glasses! Clever girl!!! She was shattered and when I put her on the boob she fell asleep and I ended up carrying her to the car and going home. What a fantastic day. It was just great to hang with Dad and all the boys talking cars, and techniques after so long away from it. Lilli fitted in just fine and I think everyone was surprised at how good she is. I knew she would be because she was so great around the race cars when she was in my tummy. :D The only bummer is that we didn't get any photos of her that day. Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment