Friday 4 September 2009

Safe and sound.

The flights both went really well. Lilli slept for approximately 7 hours on the first flight so I managed to eat my dinner and then get some sleep myself. We played and had fun when she woke and got to Hong Kong feeling reasonably good. We only had to stop over for 3 hours so we wandered around the airport getting lots of looks and smiles. Everybody loved the cute baby in the frontpack. :)

We boarded our next flight and found we were sitting next to a lovely girl originally from England who is now living in Arapuni! Her name was Meg and we all got on really well. She got me drinks and snacks and really looked after Lilli and I. I could even go to the toilet without having to get a stewadess to look after Lilli which was great. I have to say though that Air NZ were fantastic, the head steward came to me before we took off and said that he noticed that I was travelling alone with an infant so if I needed anything at all, if I wanted a break they would look after Lilli, or if I wanted to go to the toilet, I was to let the staff know. It was great, however, with Meg there I didn't need to bother them. Lilli was happy sitting with Meg while I went to freshen up so it worked out really well. Having Meg to talk to when we weren't asleep made the trip go that much faster as well.

We landed in Auckland and once again all credit to the staff there. When I came to passport control they told me to go through the lane for cabin crew only so I only waited for about 2 minutes and then I asked for help with our bags from a security guy who then directed us into customs through the crew line again meaning we jumped in front of about 200 people. :) We were through and on our way within about 20 minutes! Fantastic. Nana and Pops were waiting for us and we all got into the car and headed home.

We spent the day relaxing and getting prepared for the few nights to come with Lilli being jetlagged again. I was hoping that it wouldn't be as bad as last time due to the sleep she got on the plane but so far it is pretty much exactly the same. Poor little girl. She's really zonked but is finding it impossible to sleep so exhaustion is probably going to eventually knock her out. Last time it took 4 days for her to sleep at all at night and this time it took about the same. We are working through it.

Since we got home we have done quite a few new things:

New bed which she has yet to spend an entire night in. We have now put her into a portacot until she is settled again.

Nana feeding her baby cereal and fruit on the second day. She likes the cereal but not the fruit! Haha.

Drinking water from a sipper cup.

She really is an amazing wee girl. I fed her the cereal and she just opened her mouth and ate it. No problems, no stress. We were all saying that she would be a good eater when I was in Germany and we were right. She loves baby rice cereal on it's own but isn't all that excited about it when we add fruit. As for fruit on it's own - no way. She screws her little face up and shudders. Hehe. We have tried it a couple of times but she still doesn't like it. Loves her veges though and eats them all up! :) Poor Max would like to be here to feed her too but it won't be long now. Then when Nana gave her water in a sipper cup she handed it to her and showed her once how to lean back to drink and that was it, Lilli pushed her hands away and held the cup herself and leaned back to drink. It was so funny! She took too much on the second sip and gagged a little but she learnt straight away not to tip back too far and hasn't had another gag since! Amazing. So clever our little darling! I am so proud.

The other thing she loves is something Max and I knew was going to be a hit - her jolly jumper. She just adores it and is a real show off. She talks and shouts and laughs away as she's jumping, then she stops still before continuing. Of course she's always looking to make sure she's being watched. Haha, sooooo cute. Oh and see the little chickens in the left of the picture - she talks away to them and looks at them - see below picture. :D

Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment