Friday 4 September 2009

Last grill party, tears and goodbyes, then the big plane trip.

Doris and Al organised a last grill party for the family and also Tobi and Evi came. It was great as usual with lots of yummy yummy food and plenty of meat. Absolutely everyone was there so we got family photos done which was great.

And the Warrens.

On Sunday we hung out most of the day with Doris & Christa and then Tobi, Evi, and Emu came around in the afternoon for a last catch up. After the friends left Lilli and I were on the balcony with Oma Doris and Tante Christa talking and I smelt someone's yummy smelling dinner, which smelled like schnitzel. I said that I would love one last schnitzel and so we decided to order some from Aufham. We all ended up getting cordon bleu mit pommes. Yum yum. Everyone was there again and we enjoyed our last evening together but then unfortunately after dinner it was time to take our wee girl and get her ready for bed. There were lots of hugs and tears as we all said our goodbyes and Lilli was looking very upset by it all. I don't think she knew what was happening but she knew that something was up.

Shower baby in her bath hood with Papa. :)

That last night she kept waking up about every 1/2 hour so I ended up putting her into bed with Max and I so that I could try and get some sleep. I was still trying to get over my cold and really needed the sleep because I figured that I wouldn't get much on the trip home. I had to repack our bags a little as I had 46 kgs!! Hahaha. I got it down to about 40kg and just decided to wing it and see if I could get them checked in.

On Monday morning I put Lilli back into her own bed and Max and I got up and got ready to go. We got Lilli up and put everything into the car ready to leave for Munich before saying goodbye to Ur Oma Elfriede. Another very sad tearful moment.

We had a good trip to Munich and got all Max's medical stuff done for his immigration application. Then we went to a friend's place to hang out for the afternoon which was great. It meant that we could all relax and chat. We ended up having brot seit for dinner there before giving Lilli a wash and changing her ready for the trip. We said our goodbyes to the guys and headed to the airport.

We waited for ages for checkin because they didn't have automatic infant boarding passes and so it took a while to check in. The lady asked me how many check in bags I had and I said 3 so she printed out the tickets and we put the bags through and boom, it was done. I got 40kgs through! Yay. I thought that I would have to leave the smallest bag behind! So lucky. Max, Lilli, and I hung out at the airport and cuddled until it was time to say goodbye for now. It was so awful looking back through the glass with Lilli and waving goodbye to her Papa. I hope these next 3 months go really fast for both of us. We have both said that this will be the last time we will be parted from each other.

Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment