Saturday 3 October 2009

Can't believe our wee girl is 7 months old!!!

On 19 September Lilli and I went to stay for a night with Poppa which was cool. Sam was having his 18th party up and Toot and Annie's so we went up their with Poppa and Trish to watch the rugby. Lilli was great and we left early to go home to bed. What a terrible night! I got NO sleep at all as Lilli's slight snuffle and sneezes had eventuated into a cold that got steadily worse and worse as the night went on. She was inconsolable the poor wee girl. On Sunday she got even worse and by Sunday night Annie and I knew that she would be having a rough night. She could hardly breath through the mucus in her nose and throat which frightened her. I sat up with her until 1.30am when Annie came in a said she would take her for a couple of hours so that I could get some sleep (I had still only managed 3 nights of uninterupted sleep since we got back from Germany). So I took the opportunity and managed to have about 3 hours sleep which was so great. Then Annie brought her back in to me at abount 5am and when to get some sleep herself. We went to the doctor on Monday morning and were told that her temperature was not high and that I would just have to keep an eye on her and ride it out. I had another hard night that night and found that sleeping her in her stroller helped as I could raise her quite a bit to help her cope with the mucus. Then I took her back to the doctor the next day as her mucus turned a bit green. He prescribed some anitbiotics and panadol and she started improving after that. Each day she got a little better and after about a week she was back to where we'd been before her cold. Still not sleeping through the night but definitely improving. It didn't help matters that I had a bad cold as well and am the one that gave it to Lilli :( Anyway it's all good now as she is much better.

Lilli has turned 7 months old!! Wow, the time is just going so fast. She is still a beautiful little baby and such a sweetheart. Everyone just adores her - for good reason. She is such a happy, smiley baby. Even managing to smile when she was feeling terrible with a cold.

So just want to tell everyone that I was going to do visits and catch ups with everyone but when Lilli got sick I cancelled all plans to get in touch and start organising visits until she got better. I even had to stay a few extra days in Rotorua before heading back to Auckland because she needed the time to get over her cold before the trip back up. I will catch up with everyone on my next visit.

With her Aunty Annie

Here she is playing soccer/football with Sam and Matt on her 7 month 'birthday'.

We are back in Auckland now and have been so busy lately helping Nana and Pops move from their house in Howick out to the farm in Waiuku. Lilli is teething really badly now too - poor darling must think life is just one horrible thing after another! :) She handles it so well but unfortunately she is cross cutting which means she is cutting a tooth that shouldn't come through until she is about 15 months old. Plus to make matters worse she is cutting 2 teeth at once! One in the middle as per normal and the one on the side. Other than that we have been great. We have been to bbqs and drinks and having a good time. :)

Check out this gorgeous tracksuit bought by Nana.

Ohhh...

Loves chewing on that keyring.

Ohhh, sleeping beauty!

Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment