Tuesday 10 March 2009

2 weeks & 2 days old. Ohhhh...

Well our little baby is already 2 weeks and 2 days old. Gosh time flys when you're having fun!! So, what have we been up to???

When Lilly was born by emergency ceserean it meant that we would have to stay in the hospital for 4 or 5 days while I recovered from the surgery. As she was born at 1.28am I had Mum and Max there until about 6.30am and we all just marvelled at our beautiful wee baby. Then they went home to get some sleep and Lilli and I had a couple of catnaps as well. That first day and night (Sunday, 22 February 2009) I had to buzz a midwife to come and pass Lilli to me so that I could feed her and then the midwife would change her nappy for me. On the second day (Monday, 23 February 2009) I had been getting up to go to the toilet and stuff, so I got up to Lilli and changed her myself. :) On Tuesday, 24 February, I had a really bad headache which worsened by Wednesday so I mentioned it to the midwife who had the pain nurse come and see me just in case it was a side effect of the spinal. She said that it wasn't and to see my GP if it didn't go away. On Thursday morning my headache was so bad that I requested some painkillers from a midwife. She looked at me and said that I looked really terrible and she would see if the doctors were still doing rounds and get one to come and see me. We were all set to head home on Thursday, 26 February but it turned out that I had pre eclampsia! We ended up getting sent back to the delivery unit where I could be monitored easier and the rooms were sound proofed. I was to be kept in absolute quiet, have no visitors, no cellphones, no nothing in case I fitted! Gradually I found out exactly how dangerous my situation was and how close I came to dying!!! Anyway we ended up having to stay in hospital for another 5 days. The plus to all this is that Lilli sleeps really well at night and is a very happy and settled baby due to all the attention she has had 24/7. She is sooo wonderful, we are really lucky.

After we left the hospital Nana has been staying with us for a few days to help out as Mummy is exhausted after everything she's been through. She's been a gem, doing all the washing, etc. And of course she is amazing with Lilli and a huge help to Max and I.

Lilli is a super alert and strong little baby. She can already hold her head up! She doesn't have much coordination or control yet but gosh, she is lifting and holding her head up for a few seconds at a time!! She's really strong too, she can stand up on her little legs and push off things. It's a bit scary when your trying to hold onto her and she's so wriggly. We are after all new parents. We can't help but worry that we'll hurt her. :)

Lilli's stats:

Weight: 4.100kg - 9lb 1oz

Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment